Friday, October 3, 2008

too long

Well gee, I guess it's been a little too long since I've posted. I've just been extremely busy for the last 2 months. Fall weather has begun to set in and today happens to be extremely rainy and working on the house just isn't feasible. Work on the roof is just too dangerous under the present conditions. As it sits right now, the sheeting on the roof is nearly done, I have a bit of over-framing left to do on the new bath and workshop, a few large pieces of fascia, and the eave sheeting, nail it all off and begin shingling. After that I've got to finish the shear nailing, get it inspected and start on the windows and siding.

Why am I so far behind? I contribute it to my taking three weeks off from building to work long hours away from my family in a horrible place where water spins backwards in the toilet. They made me drive on the wrong side of the road, forced me to envy Land Cruisers wherever I looked, and subjected me to blokes with unintelligible accents. I have some pictures of the place that I'll post up later. In all reality Australia was a great place with great people and I had a wonderful time. While I wish I could be further along on this project I would really be kicking myself if I had turned down the opportunity to travel abroad -even if it was without my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Joel! Tell more about your trip, sounds great! See ya soon, Scott

Meghan said...

We need an update about the addition!