Wednesday, April 21, 2010


House updates! I think that our remodel was the original reason for this blog. We fail. So, here are some updates! We'll get more out in the next 16.5 months. I promise.

From the upper left, and moving in a snail-shellish order:

1. Our little bathroom. This is the one that was open to the sky for awhile, and then had plywood for a ceiling for a year and a half. It's done now, but I have no completed pics. I'll post them when we upload them. This is the in-progress shot: new tub, walls, and floor. The room was rotted out badly. It's actually a miracle that we didn't go through the floor!!! Joel pulled out heaping tons of rotted flooring, walls, studs, and even a floor joist. Nasty business!

2. Trim! Joel got the trim in around the floors, doors, and windows. We still need to caulk and paint, but we feel more "official" now.

3. Laundry room in-progress. Joel put in wonderful cabinets, a counter, and a utility sink. What a guy! We really use this space, too. It's our headquarters for milking dishes, straining milk, and folding laundry. It is also where I keep the ZOTE (only the most powerful stain-killer known to mankind, and all for less than a dollar!!!). When Dana gets something nasty on her clothes, she tells me, "Don't worry, Mommy. You can ZOTE it." Awesome.

4. Finished! Note the ZOTE bar on the sink. :) Isn't my laundry room pretty? And so functional! Plus, I made that skirt under the sink. Pretty talented, if I do say so myself!

5. Trim in the girls' room. Aren't they cute? Don't look too closely at Dana's attire; she dressed herself.

6. Scary red waterproof paint in our shower. It's prettier now.

7. Gorgeous lady (me, of course!) posing in our newly finished walk-in shower!!! Didn't my husband do a marvelous job?!?

8. Joel with his gun-shaped tile. I think that he subconsciously left a space just that shape so he could put a gun-shaped tile in. Such a boy!

9. More of our fabulous shower! I love the double shower-heads, and I'm never claustrophobic while getting clean anymore. Ah, bliss.

10. Me planting fruit trees. That's home-improvement, right? :) I put in two pear trees (Bartlett and Asian) and a peach tree. Joel laughed about that peach tree. We live in a frost pocket. I am optimistic that it will bear fruit. I think.

11. Joel had to cut part of our pantry-area wall out to make way for a pocket door for the little bathroom. Yay! No more door hanging open in the pantry!

12. Window trim in our bedroom. I love our windows! I'm using them as a greenhouse until my real greenhouse is finished. :) Yay me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meghan said...

So lovely :) Wish I could visit and see it all in person. What's next?