Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hungry

Rinda here.

For about 8 years I have supported Compassion children. For the past three years I have supported Rene Edguardo Morales from El Salvador. He loves soccer and art, and hopes one day to be a teacher. His parents do not know Christ as Savior, but he's praying for them.

Rene is lucky to be a Compassion child. Monday through Friday he knows he will have lunch at the Compassion center he attends. Not every child is so lucky. Recent statistics state that 4 children die every 30 seconds from hunger. That breaks my mommy heart! I sat reading about the Global Food Crisis, crying, and wondering what I could do to help.

$13. I can give $13 to feed a child for about a month. $78 feeds a family of six for about a month. When I consider my food budget for four, I'm humbled. Can we sacrifice a little to make a huge difference for someone we don't know? YES, we can. Can you? Click on this link to learn more about the Global Food Crisis and what you can do to help:
http://www.compassion.com/sponsordonor/global-food-crisis/default?referer=60321GenAnnouncements
You can also click on the I Support Compassion banner below to find out about sponsoring a child for only $32 a month. (I don't drink coffee, but I think that works out to 12 Dutch Bros a month.)

There are many good causes in this world. I support Compassion because their ministry doesn't stop at humanitarian aid; it spreads the Light of Christ into some of the darkest corners of this world, giving more that help: it gives HOPE. Hope of a future both temporal and eternal. Please prayerfully consider joining Compassion to heal hearts and lives.

No comments: